Old 04-25-21, 02:44 PM   #194
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Tried it three times, V. Read about the SH4 folder on the forum. Turns out, I have no SH4 folder.

1.46 Never made it past the office to water transition. The only error message it gave during the CTD (and only once) was 'unknown error.' So I was thrilled that an older version worked.

[edit]

Wait a sec! Turns out I *do* have an SH4 folder (realizing that by 'documents' we weren't talking about something in the SH4 game but in general documents).

Things mystify me. Especially how a folder in the documents section affect my game.
Ahoy, Arlo...

Because... that folder, contains info when you run it, every time.. & gets updated as you progress

This also applies, if you add in a mod, then yank it out. Any & all info that pertains to the yanked mod, will still be there & will invariably WILL contribute to CTD's.. the bane of gamers, at some point in time.. might not be right off, other times.. soon as you try & load up... *BAM* CTD.

That's why it does.. & why it is important, to delete... Think of it, as like the reset button on your computer.

Hope this info, helps...

M. M.