View Single Post
Old 02-16-08, 08:30 AM   #7
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanny
I agree,that might be more likely a lucky shot,than result of contact analysis.But I have tracked the UUV without cutting the wire almost until the false contact,closed the torpedo tube muzzle door only after I lost UUV both from navigation and target screens.There was no other UUV in weapon stores for this mission,only one was on board.
With the Seawolf, you have a major decision on your hands from the briefing. Each time that you select a mission, look deep into it. Will I even need TASM's or TLAM's?

Place one UUV in tubes 7 & 8, then add another one in the stores. This will give you 4 total. My Seawolf ASW configuration is 6 tubes dedicated to MK 48 ADCAP's with 28 in the stores, 10 TASM and TLAM each in stores, and 2 UUV in tubes 7 & 8 with 2 more in stores.

You might find something more towards your style of play regarding how many TASM and TLAM's you have in your stores. For me, the TASM is more for play since a. They're no longer in the US Navy inventory and b. It's nice to watch a TASM complete the coup de grace thru the scope.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote