View Single Post
Old 03-31-14, 06:47 AM   #812
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Actually, I hope for more: uf highest priority in this geographic location is: stability. This interest is international, and the need for stability emits far beyond the borders of the Ukraine in its current format.

If the Ukraine were split between pro-EU Ukraine and pro-Russia Ukraine, this could lead to a competition in economic and fiscal support from both sides much like it was the case with the ideological showcases that West and East German were turned into. It benefited the Germans in both parts of the country, Eastgermans materially were better off than any other Soviet satellite state (the GDR was the richest of the Soviet vasall nations), and Westgermany - well, the story is known.

A neutral Ukraine not being part of NATO, could serve indeed as a natural puffer zone between NATO and Russia. This is the one Russian proposal that I fully support in completeness.

The Russians want federalism understood as the provinces forming loose union of more or less sovereign states, to weaken them. I understand federalism more in the German or American way: one nation, but strong federal states. I think one could get the Russian to will negotiating the Western form of federalism for the remaining Ukraine.

Precondition of course is that the Ukrainian people finally stop voting for criminal gangster, oligarchs and fascist mobs. If they do not dispose these, than I see no reason why even a single cent should be invested for aid. Most of that cent would end up in corrupt channels anyway.

One has to face it, the Ukraine messed up since it declared independence 1991, it is pretty much a failed state currently, because it based on corrupt power structures and economically was not in shape to found that independence. It is not enough just to be independent and expecting others to maintain you. You need to be able to afford your freedom and sovereignty. You do not have claims towards others to pay for you.

The current Ukraine is a mess-up in this regard.

I oppose the Ukraine joining the EU as well. The EU already has its hands full, both of them. We are hopelessly overburdened and do not need to want shouldering new additional burdens. That's why I ask for very strict criterions to decide when what fincial aid may flow, and I mdo not want irresponsible EUphile gangsters having a word in that, because they lack all sense of resopnsibklity when it comes to the money they are burning up.