Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
That's right?
Yes.

Also, you have two commands hanging on one 'R' key ...
'Radar One Sweep' and 'Radar View'. Therefore, when you move to the radio operator's chair, your radar turns on, makes one full turn and turns off ... Do you need this? I think no. Hang 'Radar One Sweep' on 'Shift + S' ... preferably (in tune with Sweep), if not busy, or something else ...
Also, I can advise you not to use 'Radar Fix'. Cause? Radar Fix->Part2 works well ... no problem. This is the Fix that I asked Hsie to do to slightly simplify the antenna/radar logic. For the original game and for those who do not use Hsie's 'Radar Fix', will need to immediately execute the raising the antenna "Entry: Up", and then go to "Entry: Wait4Down".
Radar Fix->Part1 ... distorts the work of the radar ... if the player forgets to turn off the radar, it really turns off only at periscope depth. Some modders try to compensate for the disadvantage of this fix, for example, by connecting an additional Dial controller directly to the radar antenna, as in my first mod for raising/lowering the radar antenna. In this case, an indefinite state (what to call it?) Arises ... the display may not light up and even the steering wheel will stop rotating, but if you surface without going down to the periscope depth, the radar will be rotates again without player intervention. This indicates that the radar has not turned off. In addition, this Dial controller does not give stable results. Of course, there is the iron way to turn off the radar and work around the Fix->Part1 flaw ... but this is a rough, rectilinear way that will reduce the number of variation used commands.
The second argument: Fix->Part1 contradicts the concept of realism - the radar should not work at high waves ... just like the periscope in the Hsie's mod, it 'vibrates' or automatically descends at certain speeds of the sub.
Ideal variant: remove Fix->Part1 (in my opinion it is not needed) and leave Fix->Part2.
Another variant is to turn off Radar Fix.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 01-23-21 at 04:42 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote