View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 09:44 AM   #40
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It's not so simple... I tried that first but it looks like it hasn't any effect at all, i even set angle to 60...Still, elite destroyer shoots right between my eyes 7km away...
Is it the same at lower veterancy levels? Try playing with the following parameters and test again on stormy weather: Waves amplitude, Waves attenuation (Sim.cfg) and traverse/elevation tolerance (gun controllers). They should destabilize guns, making them lesser accurate

Quote:
Also, not so simple... In order to make some equipment unusable or to remove from mother object you need to destroy their controller from .sim file or .zon file
. I manage to do that with propellers, rudders and dive planes but i still dont know how to "destroy" controlers from .sim file for periscopes , torpedo animation and deck gun...
I don't get you here.To destroy a controller, you need to destroy its parent object (i.e. reducing its HP's to 0). In order to make deck gun, periscopes and torpedo tubes destructible, you should give them collision spheres and damage boxes. Some equipment have special zone types assigned through their damage box, and they start malfunctioning before their HP's are zeroed. IIRC, the efficency reduction for each damage level (percent of HP's depleted) is set in Equipment.upc. Within the same file, you can also set how long it will take to your maintenance crew to fix each equipment for any damage level, and the corresponding skill required for them to perform the repairs. Nonetheless, I think that the "limited functionality" status is only possible for few equipments. Some others might have just two conditions: operational and broken.

Quote:
And...No more sailing away after kiss from the torpedo...:P Maybe i should slow down sub's sinking little bit more?

cool

yes, maybe you should finetune boat's sinking speed.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote