View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 07:43 PM   #4911
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Rather than post all of the pictures I took (non of which have hat troubles), I made a PDF file that has basically 3 parts to it:
TestingS18Submarine.pdf
I listed two mod lists, the first is
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
SEA_LIFE_SH4
AddInModzPak_18
and the 2nd is rather more involved:
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
SEA_LIFE_SH4
AddInModzPak_18
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
805_CWC_FIOQv18
The 3rd one (not listed due to its "Top-Secret" status) throws in a bunch of Hi-Res stuff that is currently in development - lots of window dressing - but I also added EAX for FotRSU. I have yet to observe any issues out of Dutch Harbor Alaska, and have sunk one IJN JyunsenB, a bit after being strafed by a Jake airplane... good thing we had an eagle-eye look-out, else we would not have made the Crash Dive to safe depth in time for the bomb that was dropped... the patrol continues... In the meantime:

I did not have issue with the use of the stadimeter or the dials, though since I am a slow manual-targeting lackey, I ended up having to do a fast 90 (again) to be certain of hitting my target. I calculated 3 different ranges while attempting to set-up for the JyunsenB, with a disparity of 1200 yards between my first two... not good - should have been maybe 300 yards. The 3rd did not help satisfy the previous two... so is it me, or the stadimeter? I don't know. I will have to do "controlled studies" later...

Edit: Relatively normal behavior on the batteries. They will be fine after a re-fit, but since you took damage to the bank, there is a roll-of-the-dice involved in what portion functions when the repairs are complete. While 57% charge might be toward the bottom of a dice roll, it is not beyond the realm of what the game does to the player in that regard. This is like when a depth charge is dropped, where there is a damage zone, but between that and the outer limit, there is the "variable damage" that can be incurred. The thing with the batteries, is that if a cell in the middle of a bank breaks in real life, the battery "cell" (or "cells") can be unstrapped and removed from the bank - even if it has to stay physically in-place under the floor, but jumper wires would be used to route the wiring around it, and avoid it or its neighbors altogether, resulting in maybe getting the re-charge back to 80-85% instead. But that is the way the game works, until we attempt to re-do that segment of the "damage" screens, along with the torpedo doors...

Thank you very much - good to see your mods back up and available also!

Yes, need to try traditional shots to see the issue more.

What I have found is prior to having used the rec manual and clicking to sen the mast data to TDC, the stadimeter only lets move the dial up to 1300 yards. After having sighted a target and entered range, it allows to enter between 900 and 9000 yards roughly, there just is not the free movement needed and should have. Bringing back terrible memories of stock game and TMO before the fix lol.

Periscope and stadimeter is among the most fouled up parts of SH 4 stock, its almost like...UBI just did not care lmao.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote