Old 08-25-22, 07:20 AM   #251
frostedflaker
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Hi,

I'm just learing the game myself, KSDII that is ... haven't tried DW/OM, yet.

Spot Light: I could never figure out how to operate the spotlight in KSDII. From what I gather, there are quite a view game options in there, that are left over from the original SH4 and just haven't been adapted to KSDII, i.e., they simply don't work ... and I believe the spotlight is one of those ...

Deck gun: I find that ships sink much slower in general in KSDII, e.g., if compared to Sh3. For me, firing the deck gun manually, always works better, i.e., the fire is more accurate compared to letting the crew handle it. Historically, it did take some boats, sometimes up to 70 or more rounds of the deck gun, to finish off a already torpedoed steamer.

UI Elements: I also find myself using a magnifying glass in front of the PC screen at times, in order to make out certain parts of that. For me, it is still manageable ... there are other parts to the game that for me need some "cleaing up", which I already touched on in some other posts in this thread ...

Op.Orders: I also noticed, that in KSDII, one might receive a new primary or secondary patrol objective during the course of a patrol. From what I noticed just having completed one patrol to date, there also is no RTB option at any point during the patrol ... so, one has to actually RTB in order to finish the patrol ... upon arrival in base, the achievements of the patrol are tallied up and translated into renown etc.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with needing a magnifying glass or not being able to read German! I'm also a bit relieved the spotlight was a mystery to others. Do you assign crew to it while surfaced or not? I haven't been as yet.
frostedflaker is offline   Reply With Quote