View Single Post
Old 08-24-22, 11:12 AM   #248
frostedflaker
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I was just discussing my 3.7cm FlaK woes in the Dark Waters thread.

If I understand, both IXA and IXB should mount the single shot gun initially? The mount for the IXA is missing in DW but present here. I don't know enough to say about models, but I am interested and following your conversation as I become more and more attached to the Type IX.

Also, what does the spotlight do? I can "fire" it, and it seems to be a flickering light. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use it? To ask single merchants to stop, Neutrals to be inspected? Signal to other KM elements? It doesn't work great for illumination, which would be handy in the first winter of the war.

Would it be possible to have the deck gun fire projectiles with tracer? I realize it may not be historical but it's the convention for other mods and with the resolution of SH4 and graphic fidelity, it's often the only way to see if my shots are going where intended. Just something to consider. Related, perhaps the 105mm gun is less effective than in other mods? I'm finding sinking even small vessels with hits below the waterline difficult, and one of the advantages of the Type IX is access to quiet waters with lone merchants where the deck gun can flourish.

Is there a way to scale up the added UI elements? I can barely make out the new fuel gauges and so on, even though they are very immersive. Also, would it be possible to have mouseover text translating German elements to English and displaying numerical values?

Finally, patrol objectives. Compared to DW/OM/FOTRSU I get the impression that patrolling around an objective is not enough to complete it. Is there also a tonnage requirement, and if so, can this be reconsidered? Many times I will be given a grid that sees hardly any traffic, especially in 1939, 40.
frostedflaker is offline   Reply With Quote