Old 03-19-13, 06:32 PM   #1525
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Default @ Obi-Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Don View Post
Finally got my game patched to 1.2 and running, loaded up sobers mod list but every time I try to start a new campaign using open horizons it crashes. I have skipped the tutorial as suggested, but I have been having trouble deleting my old save games and I wonder if that might be the problem. I did a new install of the game, deleted the save games from my documents, updated the game to 1.2, turned uplay to offline mode, but every time I start the game it syncs to the server and all the old save games come back. Anyone have any ideas?
You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime

Last edited by Silent Steel; 03-19-13 at 06:54 PM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote