View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 04:26 PM   #40
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Yeah, how about you at least read a review for simmers by simmers before posting an uninformed, prejudiced opinion?

Or read the SimHQ review which praises it.

So yeah, maybe you should do some rudimentary research before you trashtalk a great game.
It's made by Gaijin for the console market, in the same manner as IL2-Birds of Prey. I have BOP for the XBOX, and Wings of Prey (almost identical game) for the PC, alongside Cliffs of Dover, IL2 1946 and DCS A-10. I've also tried the demo for BoS. This makes my opinion relevant, by your criteria.

The Gaijin games are categorically not 'simulations' in the sense of the PC IL-2 or A10 etc. They are games that come with a 'sim' flight model, nothing more. BoS in particular is appalling; terribly shonky framerate for a console and the FM is like treacle. 'Triple A simulation' it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Yeah, whatever. All of your precious subsims are just that, games.
It's all 'games' when it boils down to it, no need to be facetious. I note from your post count you're relatively new here - the hostility thing really isn't welcome. Basic civility will likely extend the duration of your stay

Last edited by 0rpheus; 05-10-12 at 05:06 PM.
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote