View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 02:00 PM   #35
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
May I ask what planet you are on if you think Birds of Steel is a AAA simulation?

I may be missing something. Not having a console I've resorted to good old Google and YouTube to find out about this game. Not simulator. Game.

First I visited Konami's site for it, where the trailer only showed external 'arcade' views - futher investigation shows that the smaller aircraft do have cockpit views, but they certainly (in my opinion) don't match up to Cliffs, nor DCS titles, nor FSX for that matter. May as well include FS9 as well. BoS = PoS as far as simulation goes, and that's what we're talking about.

I'd put it alongside H.A.W.X, but at least that can be played on PC.

Over to you to deride my opinions again.
Yeah, how about you at least read a review for simmers by simmers before posting an uninformed, prejudiced opinion?

Or read the SimHQ review which praises it.

Quote:
It***8217;s simple. Gaijin hit a home run with this one. They listened to their customers, and they must have read suggestions in reviews on their other console games. With options, choices, and tons of content, all at a great price, you can***8217;t go wrong with this purchase. And a developer like Gaijin Entertainment deserves our console customer support for going outside of the norm.

We need to support games like this to get more of them, and less of the "all action, no substance" games that have flooded the console market.
So yeah, maybe you should do some rudimentary research before you trashtalk a great game.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote