View Single Post
Old 10-18-22, 03:47 PM   #5083
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
My God, Jim, (i mean PB), what the he[[ am I doing in that 20th century death trap?!?!?!?!
Did we go back in time, again?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
Did some testing. With fresh install of 1.8 and no other mods, after deleting SH4 folder, got the following results for deck crews:

"Single Missions" and "War Patrol" = first slot wears barracks cover.

Starting campaign with fleet boat, first slot wears N3 cap.

Starting campaign with S-Boat, first slot wears Dixie cup.

Do I need to reinstall 1.8 or have others found the same results?
You could try a re-install and emptying of the Save folder if your display is much different than the above images I posted, but If you are just noticing differences between boats, then yes, each boat is slightly different from the next, between each crew shift, and between the different conning towers on the boats sometimes (if you ever manage to coerce a new conning tower out of the game). The interior characters are controlled by the game, while the exterior guys are basically "set" by their slot position. btw, the various Graphic settings in the game can make a difference in the display. If you are using the "Post Process Filters", that adds more color saturation and "fuzz" to an image. The other options below that in that first column will further distort things, but make them "prettier", until you get to the "Volumetric Fog", which make things partially invisible and see-through. Try turning all of those off if you have any on. Likewise, if you have some off, turn them on (except the "Fog" thing - leave it off). Be certain that the "Vertical Sync" is off, else you run a strong risk of Jello water and other anomalies...

Use <Ctrl><F11> to grab a bmp screen shot in-game, and then make it a jpg. The screen grab bmp files are posted into the game's root folder. You could use Paint dot net to edit and then upload it (them) into your SubSim account UserCP "Pictures & Albums", and post a link in you next post, unless your images are similar to the examples I posted above.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote