View Single Post
Old 11-11-11, 04:47 AM   #127
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Thank you for this great refference material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZsnowman View Post
You can see my drawing of the Alberich tile here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anechoic_tile

Free-Flooding Vent Patterns

Free-Flooding Vent Patterns for U-1105, U-1106, U-1107, U-1304, U-1306 and U-1308 (or Type VIIC/41's with the Alberich coating).
The Skin is for a Type VIIC. I know there are a few differences between VIIC and VIIC/41.
I will see what can be done when making a VIIC/41 Skin.
Quote:
Below are the Free-Flooding vent patterns for the U-boats above. The vent patterns are base on photographs of U-1105. In the images below, they display the standard Free-Flooding vent patterns for a Type VIIC’s (bottom drawings) and the new layout for boats with the Alberich coating (top drawings). The German’s made the vents bigger, and had fewer of them for boats with Alberich coating.

Stern Vents

Bow Vents
The Side Structure Free-Flooding Vent Holes are actually part of the 3D Model, I do not paint these holes in place. I am unable to move them but I can Paint additional holes.
Quote:
Diesel air inlet vents on the main bridge casting.

Fig. 1. The standard diesel air inlet vents on the main bridge casting for Type VIIC/41’s.

Fig. 2. The shape and size of the diesel air inlet vents on the main bridge casting for Type VIIC/41’s with the Alberich coating.

If you need any more information on this let me know, happy to help.

Simon
Pretty sure diesel air inlets are just painted and bump mapped. Moving changing these would be easy.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote