View Single Post
Old 02-01-24, 01:59 PM   #1
ollyfitz
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Player Medals

Hi

I'm new to subsim games and I thought I'd start off with a vanilla playthrough of a Silent Hunter 3 career, before either trying the GWX mod or UBOAT.

I've been doing pretty well and I managed to win the Iron Cross first and second class, and the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.

Then I appeared to hit a wall because even though I'm sinking loads more tonnage than I did at the beginning of my career, the last three medals in the tray are yet to be awarded.

So I wondered... Are these medals just related to amount of tonnage sank or is there a particular milestone you have to reach or other criteria that needs to be met to be awarded the remaining three medals?

Also, in the historic mission mode I met the first mission objective, avoided being sank by the destroyers, and managed to return to a friendly base, but when I pressed escape the only option available was to abandon mission? And in the mission select screen there is no indication that I have completed that mission (I thought it might show a tick or something?) Is that right?

Cheers,

Ollie
ollyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote