Old 06-09-21, 03:13 PM   #236
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1064
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Ahoy Vickers~
I've just noticed that this mod replaces many gauge textures in the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" folder. However, the quality of these new gauge textures are not so good comparing with the original files of FotRSU, for expample, the radar bearing gauge of gato below. I'm wondering is that any purpose for replaceing these gauges? Can we resotre the original FotRSU textures?

Original FotRSU

This mod
Hi flaminus!
The file, which was changed in "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN", is "Gato_Gauges_02.dds" in the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" folder.
I tried replacing the Vickers modified file with the original FORTSU file and the problem is solved. Obviously better graphics IMHO and no problem with Vickers' MOD.
If you are able to create your own little MOD, you can use JSGME to activate it at any time without doing any damage because it is just a graphic file and you can always go back with JSGME. It is not advisable to swap the two files directly to avoid problems.
The small mod can be for example: "Old Gato Red Gauges" or whatever you want and then create the folders: "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" all empty. The Gato_Gauges_02.dds file is what you find in FORTSU 1.46 in the same folders that you copy and paste it into the last "tex" folder of your new MOD. Once this is done you can put this little mod in the MODS folder where you put the MODs to be activated with JSGME, so your mod could be:
Old Gato Red Gauges with the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\Gato_Gauges_02.dds" folders and file then activate it with JSGME.
However, you must ask Vickers for correctness the authorization to make this small MOD, even if it is for strictly personal use because it is always a modification to one of his works.
If you think you are not sure about making this MOD, I can make it myself but then I ask Vickers for permission.

Torpedo

Last edited by Torpedo; 06-09-21 at 03:27 PM.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote