View Single Post
Old 11-11-14, 05:58 PM   #8
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Got my stuff from Model Boat Bits last week

Installed the prop shafts no problem, I wanted to use the kit 'fairings' which the shafts emerge from through the hull but the holes through them were about half the size they needed to be and due to the angle I just couldn't get them drilled out. Instead I cut out the whole area of the hull, placed the shafts where they needed to be and covered them with epoxy putty. This was then sanded into shape.

A rubbish picture of the rudder mechanism (see the vid below for a better view). This was about the 3rd or 4th attempt but it seems to work alright now. The only thing that's worrying me is how secure the actual rudders are on the shafts, I've used some 'shoegoo' to stick them but I'm not convinced they'll be ok so I'll have to check in the morning once the glue has set properly.

Finally, I installed the fore deck. You can also see the bowplanes which went in no problem. Must say the fit on this thing is exceptional.

A quick vid of the rudders and props in action:

I've ordered a fabric flag, along with one for my Corvette, plus I decided to push the boat out a bit, if you'll excuse the pun, with the figures. I've ordered these beauties from Andrea Miniatures

They look stunning and I can't wait till they arrive.

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote