View Single Post
Old 08-14-07, 10:16 AM   #70
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payoff
Can the mouse support be used for incremental rudder commands or incremental depth setting? I hope, I hope, I hope!
The current incarnation of the mouse support for the command bar is very simple: Just a single x/y coordinate (for two resolutions), and at most two clicks.

So, if you want, you could add a few notches of the rudder (5, 10, 15 degrees or whatever increment you want) and add the voice commands for it pretty easily.

There's the slight problem of the fact that the dial has two modes. If you want to add your rudder thing and leave it in one mode all the time, go for it. I figure I'll have to handle this like the tubes, where it starts with a particular assumption (and can return to this assumption if you say "reset" or something) where the assumption is that the dials show the compass, shallow depth, etc whatever the defaults are. And then it would know how to use the extra mode change click by keeping track of what the dials are set to.

If anyone out there knows how to magically determine the current status of the dials (and the mouse cursor) I'd love to know!

Until I get this working well, "heading to view" works really well for precise movements.

To get the coordinates, I use "The Gimp" which is a free photoshop-like app. When you open a screenshot, as you move the mouse cursor over it it shows the x/y at the bottom. Just be sure to select a tool that has a good point on it so you're sure you're getting the pixel you think you are (I use the knife tool, it has a nice crosshair.)