View Single Post
Old 08-12-07, 11:07 AM   #65
GhengasCon
Swabbie

Downloads: 238
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I think the source of your other problems is that \sh4speech is not the path. You should be able to hit Start > Run > \sh4speech {enter} and it should show you my files. If not it's in the wrong place. I had a problem with the zip folder structure that was fixed in 1.38 so first be sure you have the latest. Open your root folder (c:\ if that is your windows drive) and unzip the ZIP directly to that. It will create a subfolder therefore you will have c:\sh4speech. Make sure there isn't ANOTHER sh4speech folder inside there, you should see the files. After that, try running the install.bat again and you should be good!
[/QUOTE]

....OK...You were right! I had unzipped the file to the wrong root directory!.. everything seemed to load correctly this time. I first cleaned out everything that had sh4speech( older version) I then installed version 1.38 ( couldn't get the 1.5 link to work for some reason) one problem down but another to go. Whenever i try to run the test mode or the program itself i get this......

C:\sh4speech>cd\sh4speech
C:\sh4speech>REM perl go.pl testmode | python hear.py
C:\sh4speech>python -u hear.py | perl go.pl testmode
Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/l
ib .) at go.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at go.pl line 10.

once again i did run the fixes that you suggested to Panthercules to get the program to run. I get the feeling that i am missing something very simple. I get this same text if i run the test mode or the actual program. Both abort at line 10.
Drowning in my own ignorance...HELP!
GhengasCon is offline   Reply With Quote