Old 08-11-07, 06:20 PM   #61
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhengasCon
Hello!,
I really want to try this out but am having major ( or possibly minor) install problems. My problem seems to be the same that panthercules had in his 7/31/07 post. The program doesn't recognize or install GUITest . Here is what it looks like when i try to install.....

Starting wxPython install
The system cannot find the path specified.
Installing additional perl modules
No missing packages to install
No missing packages to install
ppm install failed: 404 File `\sh4speech\libraries\Win32-GuiTest\Win32-GuiTest.p
pd' does not exist
File not found - SAPI5.pm
A subdirectory or file \perl\site\lib\win32 already exists.
A subdirectory or file \perl\site\lib\win32\guitest already exists.
Everything should be done now.
Press any key to continue . . .

I tried to do all the fixes that you suggested to him but i continue to have the same problem. I am not a computer whiz ( wish i was) but i enjoy and appreciate all the work modders like yourself do...I hope yiou can help because i said all along that voice recognition is all the SH4 needed to be complete...would love to try this out...Thanks!!!
The wxPython has been removed since it is not actually required. I forgot to take the install call out of the install.bat but just ignore that.

I think the source of your other problems is that \sh4speech is not the path. You should be able to hit Start > Run > \sh4speech {enter} and it should show you my files. If not it's in the wrong place. I had a problem with the zip folder structure that was fixed in 1.38 so first be sure you have the latest. Open your root folder (c:\ if that is your windows drive) and unzip the ZIP directly to that. It will create a subfolder therefore you will have c:\sh4speech. Make sure there isn't ANOTHER sh4speech folder inside there, you should see the files. After that, try running the install.bat again and you should be good!

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 08-12-07 at 01:06 AM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote