View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 07:37 AM   #3372
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Haha, hoping there is no more "back door ways"...
You are not the only one... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, my report. I do not mean to question mission orders. I would just like to know how long a 5 day mission is suppose to last? I am on day 40 of that mission. All my supplies are running low. I began this 5 day mission to patrol near Attu. This is mission 5 of the patrol. My location: Long 172 40" E. Lat 50 48" N . I started this mission on 10/16/1942. The date is now 11/25/1942. I can not complete my patrol due to low supplies. I am forced to return to pearl.
Lt Commander out

Sorry could not resist. Just letting you know, I was on my 3rd patrol, mission 5 around Attu. I started to notice I had been patrolling too long. I check my dates, I was way past 5 days. Tried different courses, still could not get mission completed. After 40+ days, I returned to base and ended my 3rd patrol. I wanted to let you know encase it is a bug.

If you need to know anything further, I did not delete the saved file this time. LOL

Thanks

Comder
Yes, I would like to see your Save Folder here, if you can post it somewhere and then send me a link via PM please. The main thing I am after is the ID of the assigned mission, which if you want to look yourself and let me know, that would work almost as well. Open the Save folder where ever you have it, and navigate into the "data" then "cfg" folders, then "SaveGames". Inside that folder will be multiple folders numbered such as "00000000" and "0000000a" and the like. Those are "hex" numbers, so use the digits 0-9 and the letters a-f. Look at the "Date Modified" column heading, and find the folder with the most recent date / time, and open that folder. This might not be the bottom folder in the list. Inside that most recently modified folder is a file named "CareerTrack.upc". Open that with a text editor, such as Notepad or Notepad++, and look for a line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" (about 35 lines down), where the "IDxxx" would be a 2 or 3 digit number, such as "ID281" or similar. If you can find that, I can check the mission it points to. Or just link me to the file set is fine, also. Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote