View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 07:55 PM   #14
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yeah, with SH3... is possible through the use of a mod (for SH3Commander) to have them, not loaded in the external bays... though... you can, depending on the orders given... load up a couple... as would be the case in actuality... as was done back then. Even then, keeping in mind to load only the... T-I's... only. Believe those were the ones that were low maintenance... if memory serves Me rightly & were better able to handle being stored externally.

I like you, begin culling loading them as well. Not only with 3, but also in My SH4 U-boat set up, as well. Sadly... is no Commander, for 4, as there is for 3 though... so, have to do all that manually... & can't even properly use the refit option available, so as to avoid having those areas restocked.

M. M.

Actually after 5/43 they were removed from the boats for a variety of reasons, maintenance requirements not being an issue. It is very easy to make a mod to remove them from the boats.
Damage from depth charging/sea pressure when going deep, containers leaking, etc. were the main reasons for getting rid of them.
Speaking of maintenance, u-boats leaving port tended to first have all their tubes loaded with only steam torpedoes vs. the electric ones.........due to their lower in voyage maintenance requirements.