View Single Post
Old 01-17-22, 08:48 AM   #1
Sammy-rai
Seaman

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Weak engines after 1st Sinking

Would appreciate some help in solving a problem with my u-boat engines.

Background: This is the second skipper career I've started in Silent Hunter III and am anxious to carve out a decent one. My Kaleun's VIIB U-46 came across a lone Granville freighter out in the middle of the Atlantic on a heading of 350 degrees in decent weather about kl 1800.

I then ended up expending 3 torpedoes to no avail. Angry, my skipper ordered U-46 to surface and then personally used the deck gun against the freighter from a distance of about 500 meters. Success !! Explosions rock the ship and it begins to go down.

Meanwhile, while shelling the freighter the soundman reported 3 contacts at long range also on a heading of 350 degrees. My skipper orders Ahead Standard on a heading of 350 so the u-boat can begin pursuit of the 3 contacts.

However, this course at the same time takes U-46 closer to the sinking ship. Still, by my estimate U-46 will skirt the sinking freighter by 2-300 meters. I hit the time compression key and then concentrate on the Pause key at the lower right corner of my screen.

Suddenly I notice that the u-boat is not moving on the screen. I see from the message box that U-46, instead of Ahead Standard, is performing Back Emergency without my skipper's leave.

I begin hitting 'Halbe Fahrt' constantly on the speed dial but it always drops back down to 'Kleine Fahrt'. In fact, the only speeds U-46 is now capable of are low forward and low reverse.

I have checked the various dials my ship's officer have access to and nothing seems amiss. Propulsion is normal. the battery is about 90% charged. On the F7 crew/repair screen no ship compartments have damaged equipment (no red or yellow outlined areas). The Diesel compartment is adequately crewed.

On SH3 Commander I have not activated the option 'Malfunctions: Sabotage' etc.

I have a SH3 build GWX 3.0, Sie's patch, ARB 1920x1080 widescreen, M.E.P v6, Tycho patch, AI sensors for Stiebler patch in conjunction w MEPv6, GWX Enhanced Damage Effects, and several more non-relevant eye- and ear-candy mods.

So why would my u-boat go Full Reverse when I click on Ahead Standard ?

And why is U-46 now suddenly capable of only low speeds - both diesel and electric ?

Help !
Sammy-rai is offline   Reply With Quote