View Single Post
Old 03-28-10, 06:30 AM   #70
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
It's the Stadi that's broken, but not all the numbers in the rec manual are correct. The exceptions seem only to be for length and draft though.
as long as the height works, that's fine. The ship length method is only accurate at a 90 degree AOB. Plus, once you start actually looking at the numbers in the rec manual and comparaing them to what you see on the screen, instead of just blindly relying on the stadi, any number that is off will stick out.

Quote:
As a side note; the real thing was never used at high-power to measure range, and initially I didn't set out to make them usefull at that magnification: consider it a bonus that you can in the game.
I had read that because of the water pressure/resistance, the perisopes which are just long tubes, would vibrate very noticably at 6x which would not make it practical for anything other than pinpointing and identifying the target. There was also problems with lenses fogging up, getting scratched.

It would be neat if we could eventually get all that into the game...not that I am suggesting extra work though..

Quote:
Thank you Mav, for the assistance.
thanks everyone involved in the project, great work guys.