View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 09:44 AM   #19
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

I make my own intermission with the DC, at the point where the first half of the movie breaks off. Depending on which version I'm watching I either have to flip a disk over or take out one and put in another. So I don't always sit through the entire 3+ hours in one sitting. I have to say, though, it's not the easiest place to leave off watching!

In fact the very first time I watched it (which was the first time I saw Das Boot, ever), I ended up flipping the disk and watching a bit of the second half and it was really all I could do to take it back out and wait 'til the next evening to finish the movie.

The worst part was, at some point in the process of going through the menu I'd ended up in scene selection and even though I tried not to see any of the chapter titles before I got out of it, I did see one titled "Homecoming."

So when they're sitting on the bottom after getting hit at Gibraltar, my best friend happens to call me. Now, she also called me when I was watching the first half of the movie and I'd told her about it and how good it was. And I tell her I'm now watching the second half and my nerves are SHOT because every time I think it can't get any worse for these lads, somehow it does, and now they're really in dire straits. BUT, I say, BUT I accidentally saw the chapter titles and there's one that said "Homecoming" so I've still got my fingers crossed that everything will turn out okay altho it looks really bad right now!

So, you know, you can just imagine how I felt when I finally got to the "Homecoming" chapter and saw how THAT turned out.

I still remember sitting there all happy and then I hear air raid sirens and I was thinking, WTF YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. After all of that, now this?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote