View Single Post
Old 01-09-23, 04:59 AM   #96
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Lol, absolutely none. This was an impulse buy waiting to happen for the past two years.

BTW, do the controllers come with batteries included? And how long would you estimate they last? Might have to get me a recharger.
Good question. I urge you to get 4 AA Lithium rechargables and according recharger. One charge keeps you going very, very long, hours and hours. Normal rechargables drop in power to soon, I mean the "Spannung" , current. You want bateries close to 1.5V, whereas normal rechargables have 1.2V. Usually that is no issue, but here it quickly becomes one. Telling by experience.
Beside the already mentioned things, check Aircar. Its free and a very impressive demo, free roaming in blade runner style.

Its always worth to check whether or not it technically works to have a non vr game running in virtual desktop, on the huge movie screen. Some games stutter. Some games make even me motionsick. Some games work. Wreckfest for example is a revelation. Imagine crash races on a screen the size of an IMAXX cinema. That way even non vr games may see stellar upvaluing.

Start slow and mild however, check how it is with motionsickness. Adapt as I described, slowly, if need be. It works.