Old 01-11-23, 06:16 PM   #712
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Quite a lot of reports

From those reports it sounds that the strategic initiative already is firmly in your hand, even though you still suffer heavy losses at times.

The KB (or what's left of it) also seems to become less and less of a factor. It still is a thread, no doubt, but it seems it is no longer able to stop you at the center of attack. Except for sinking the KB it sounds that you are ahead of the historic progress.

How are things regarding VP? From your point of view: do you think your opponent still has good chances to win the game?

And once again thanks for your reports, which I still enjoy with the game in it's 20th month.

The VP score is rapidly narrowing, I might overtake him soon. The timing of this makes it look like maybe my sudden territorial expansion had a lot to do with it, but those were really low-value bases for the most part. I think it's mostly ships sunk by subs days/weeks/months ago finally being confirmed and counted, plus land unit losses--including those going down with transports all over the place.

I think any chance he had of pulling off an auto-victory died when he aborted the Burma campaign to save Java. He's playing for a stalemate now by trying to stop my invasions when I make them.