View Single Post
Old 01-11-23, 06:10 PM   #711
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

22 Oct 1943

CENTPAC and Truk

Near Marcus, USS Corvina attacked a Gozan-class cargo ship (tonnage: 2375) from the surface, scoring 3 torpedo hits for substantial overkill.

Halsey's battle group was approached by an enemy sub, which was seriously damaged by depth charges before it eluded us. I doubt this one makes it back to port.

At least 3 more subs are approaching Wake.

The second group of carriers is nearly fully-replenished. It would take another day to finish off a pair of CVLs. No problems issuing replacement aircraft.

Taking advantage of the building enemy fighter presence in the Marianas, I guessed, correctly, that meant fighter coverage at Truk would be weak and hit it with heavy bombers from Rabaul. Damage to the base was rather light, although we did get a mine tender sunk. One enemy Tony was shot down by the bombers, and we lost one bomber to the CAP.

An enemy ground attack on Tinian cost them 1700 casualties to our 70. That defensive bonus again!

Sulu Sea and Philippines
Just a quick screenshot of the two sea lanes he's probably using. The number of subs around these will be increasing in the coming days.

Reinforcements
DD Franks arrives at Seattle
58th FG/311th FS arrives at Eastern USA
855/868th Engineer Aviation Battalion arrives at San Francisco