View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 12:52 PM   #76
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

which DynEnv submods have you enabled? From your description, looks like I have added sobers see thru wake fix to one of them by mistake [/QUOTE]

That's gotta' be it. I specifically use most of those mods of Sober's listed anyway, so I plopped that folder in for sure. That wake mod might not be working correctly or one of my other mods might be killing it. If you could take that one out if it's not needed, maybe that's the problem. Also, since I'm writing, I noticed that the water surface (on booting up) was almost lake like. Almost no foam. Is that the Clear Water folder doing that? I like the sea to look very foamy, almost messy like. That's one thing I was going to try to tweek in (or out). I really loved the definition though, this has changed the atmosphere of the boat, sea and sky. I can see that it's going to be very cool once I can get it arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
Dogfish, I had seen that once about a month ago playing around with mods. Check to see if you flags are still waving. My flags weren't waving either once when I saw that.
With the mods that I have listed above, everything seems to be working ok now.

Hi Bothersome,
Very Good. between Gap's message and yours I can breathe easier. I know it's gonna' go away.

Last night I did manage to see a lot of rain. I was in April 1941 around the gulf south of spain. Looked quite like a hurricane to me. Waves were very tall. Boat was completely submerging into a wave and almost coming complete out of the valley. It did look a bit silly to see a tug boat getting more air time than a dirt bike. Wind speeds were 15 starting out, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Then later it slowed to 13. But the rain and wind lasted till I got back to home base. My TC is usually at most 128 but last night I put up to 512 trying to get past the bad weather. That didn't help much, only slowed the wind down to 13.

I do notice the waves look a lot more real now for some reason. Good job Gap.
Yeahhhh!! Gimmee dat rain. I do hope I see some more. It's just not right being on the ocean so long and there's no rain or storms. The Storms in the game are quite good too! I love seeing the lightning coming from all directions...