Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 02-09-23, 03:18 PM   #433
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

What a conundrum, wrapped in a riddle, shrouded by an enigma!

Haha, yes I want more detailed statistics, about everything. it's my jam.

On the other hand I don't want to play Hunter Classic, at least not at this time.

What to do?! Stay the course is my current plan, but you never know. It's free to play as far as I can tell so why not take a punt down the line?

In Call of the Wild I finally reached the required weapons score to unlock the Hawk Edge 70 compound bow! Felt like a steep hill to climb, but satisfying to have done so. I reckon it took somewhere between 40 and 50 bow kills to do it. See, even this statistic is missing, how many have I taken with a bow? This is the sort of stuff that should be minimum expectation in games like these in my view.

I was looking to pick up another reserve last night but didn't pull the trigger. One I considered is Cuatro Colinas. But I didn't simply because of the wolves.

The devs have gone way too far with how they've modeled the danger wolves present to the player. they are relentless and lethal. You hear a howl, and they are circling, then they move in for the kill. You need to shoot three of them before you can make them run off. It's silly.

Wolves are predators, and present a certain danger. But like most predators you encounter in the wild, they are not man eaters. They detect another predator (you). They smell your threat. And they move off. I've seen it personally with bears, wolves and cougars. But in this game, those wolves will never not attack. If you hear the howl, you will be attacked within seconds. No warning shot will scare them off.

An occasional attack I could live with. The way it's done here is ridiculous and it makes me avoid the maps with wolves more than I want to. Especially Taiga. Wolves are also in Cuatro Colinas, and frankly it kills my enthusiasm for buying it. When it goes on sale I will, but how much time I'll spend there is a question.