View Single Post
Old 12-15-22, 05:49 PM   #5191
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Tambor and Gar technically are the same boat class, but SH4 shows them as two. The Tambor Class was first, in 1939, with small revisions for 1940's Gar (class) boats. Both boats are UpgradeClass=2 boats, so Tambor to Gar cannot come via "upgrade", but only via the Tambor leaving a port and the Tambor remaining as a cross-grade class. I do not remember that being in FotRSU anywhere, though lurker used that technique in OM and RSRDC. The failure for a conning tower upgrade is a game failure through and through, no matter if an Ally boat or an Axis boat. They can happen, but very seldom. However, an upgrade to a Gato and then early Balao or Tench are entirely too common.
Despite the fact that the Tambor is the earlier edition of Gar, SH4 models the Gar with the Tambor files. Bulgarian programmers.
and...
i set the Upgrade Class of Gato, Balao, and Tench to 2, which is the Gar class, and then set Tambor to 3, so that the only upgrade possibility would be from Gar to Tambor, which are essentially the same boat.

the goal was to force () a conning tower upgrade with a boat that had four conning towers. it was a fine goal, to be sure, but it failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You mention "... after the tower upgrade, we were offered fore and aft 40's..." so you DID get a conning tower upgrade from the game, or only after editing the Save file?
The 40's became available AFTER i performed the manual conning tower upgrade because it was 1944 AND the boat had the 1944 conning tower.

in the previous career, with the Gar, the 40's were not available, hence the need to upgrade the tower.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote