View Single Post
Old 12-14-22, 04:28 PM   #5189
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'll try some more experiments with moving the deck gun around, and see if that interferes with the other equipment also... It seems that moving the gun puts something in the Save folder that then comes back and bites later when doing other changes - but not always...
ok, in pursuit of getting an offer to upgrade my conning tower, i started a new career at Treasure Island with a Gar and made sure that the only possible boat upgrade would be a Tambor which is the sister boat to the Gar.

once i received the Tambor, i played into late 1943 without receiving an upgrade offer. i varied by mission ratings from 0 to 3 but no upgrade.

so, i gave myself a manual upgrade: started a new career with a Tambor in January 1944 so that i would received the fourth and last conning tower. then copied my old crew and career into the new boat.

the 20's and single 40 never worked. after the tower upgrade, we were offered fore and aft 40's which we installed.

then, we got surprised by a frickin crab boat that opened up on us. i instinctively went to the 40's and....they worked!

a true mystery of life.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote