Old 11-23-22, 09:54 PM   #5154
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Hey guys!

I've noticed that my frame rate is low and I am prone to lag spikes. This makes the game a massive pain to play so I was wondering what I could do to improve/fix these issues. I've searched online and haven't found anything.
Here's my modlist:

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak - Add
302_MoreDifficultAI001
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials
650_LotsaDudz
801_UMark Triangle
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU (FotRSU has jimimadrid torps)
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN - new sequence
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
805_CWC_FIOQv18

My system specs are:
16GB RAM
CORE i5 9th GEN
NVIDIA GTX 1050
Acer Nitro 5

Any help is great. Thanks!
As Kal_Maximus_U669 mentions, an alternative video config might help immensely. Also, and alternative mod list order would help in your case, since you have a few out of sequence. You will probably have to delete the Save folder data again because of that. That probably contributes to the frame rate issue. Also, be certain your Windows display settings match your display monitors "recommended" settings, and that you have SH4 set to that. Be certain that the 4Gig Patch (or LAA) are indeed properly set on the SH4.exe file (which has to be write-enabled). Another point to make about the frame rate, is that when you are near major harbors, especially Allied ports and inside the green circles around most of those, that you will have a difficult time getting about 128x TC at times there, and if you are after late 1943 with an APR-1 RWR, your framerate might be best set at 64x max near those ports, due to all of the "Radar signals detected, sir!" reports. No matter how much computer you have, the game still has a limited "bandwidth" that its engine can do... Also, try not to have too much going on in the background of your computer, including being certain to update a Win10 or 11 machine prior to attempting to play the game. Windows Update is a resource HOG of the Nth degree...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote