View Single Post
Old 11-10-22, 09:05 AM   #5124
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post
Still not exactly sure what was off in the upc file I shared above. I looked over the Compartment 7 and 8 data numerous times and couldn't find any obvious reason the 4th crew member wasn't showing for aft gun in dual gun mode. The way I resolved it was to go back to my entering port save when I last returned from patrol with my existing single 5 inch bow gun. I then switched to single aft gun from single bow gun while in port and saved. At this point, the aft gun crew members showed the proper 4 positions in the crew page. I then purchased the dual deck guns again, but now with existing stern gun instead of bow gun as the starting point. The 4 aft crew member slots still showed properly, but no slots for additional bow gun. I saved again, opened the upc and removed all the additional repository comments from the entries for the bow gun crew in compartment 8, reloaded the saved game with the dual deck guns, and then all 8 crew slots for bow and stern guns appeared appropriately on the crew page. I started the next mission, manned up both 5 inch deck guns and both twin 40mm AA guns, everyone appeared where they should, and all was good. I printed out the current active player upc and will sit down when I have time and do a line by line comparison with the original (bad) upc posted above to see if I can find what's different between the 2 versions in sections 7 and 8. Will let you know.
Can't find any obvious reason why the 4th crew slot didn't show on aft gun originally and now can't replicate it. Using same starting point as before (port arrival save upon mission completion), I again purchased dual deck guns to replace single bow gun and this time NO aft gun crew slots showed. Went into upc and removed additional repository entries for aft gun crews and they all then appeared as expected. No idea why just that 4th crew slot originally failed to show up.