View Single Post
Old 10-29-22, 01:38 PM   #5103
Brooksie
Swabbie

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

That's the picture I usually use of what torpedobait is referring to, Brooksie. What J0313 is referring to is also correct. The volumetric fog will make your crew look like ghosts topside, and sometimes inside the boat also, besides causing other video glitching issues. Be sure you also do not have the vsync locked, the bottom choice in the right-hand column of the Graphic Setting screen should also be cleared. However, that error message you are getting: "Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx" is often a difference between the v1.3 and v1.5 of the game. Another similar one concerns the differences between the "black" dds files that are different between v1.4 and v1.5 of the game, so be certain you are using the correct Steam start for the game, which would be the U-Boat Missions start... If Mad Mardigan or another Steam user stops by, they can point you in the right direction about the Steam version of the game. I have SH3 and SH5 from Steam, but not SH4. I have a Ubisoft SH4 and SH5, and I have disk-based SH3 and SH4, so I do not have a "complete Library" of any, just too many of each... - of course, I have the various games peppered across 4 different computers... - Otherwise, you are missing portions of DirectX v9.0c dll files that the Silent Hunter series of games needs to run the 3D portion. Those aused to automatically installed with the Steam version of the game, but my most recent install of SH5 did take me to the MS Download site to download DirectX v9.0c, so maybe the Steam install made it a separate choice again?? I dunno... but you do need a portion of the DirectX v9.0c library file set. That does NOT overwrite anything in your current Windows install, it just adds to it... if that's what the trouble is...
Thank you for attempting to help me. I read everything and ensured that I had volumetric fog turned off and that I had VSYNC turned off within the game settings. I updated SH4 from v1.3 to v1.4 prior to getting the U-boats missions DLC. When I load into the game I can see in the bottom right-hand corner that it's running v1.5. I followed your DPI instructions and tried that, and the same thing happened. Where can I get the DirectX v9.0c from? Can you copy that file to me?

Skipper Brooksie
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"
Brooksie is offline   Reply With Quote