View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 09:30 PM   #5018
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What is your "FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak" mod? What files are changed by it? Were you able to "Lock" onto the target properly? Had you previously sunk a Jyunsen boat? If you have already sunk one the same patrol, a 2nd one is not always counted properly, which can happen with ships also.

My observation while testing the sinking of the AI subs is that they sometimes do not completely sink ("Actrually, I'm feeling much better now!"). I'm sure you have seen some ships get hit with two torps and they sink most of the way, but don't quite go down, and continue traveling on, while you scramble and try to get a torpedo loaded and put the ship down before it calls reinforcements in on you... similar happens with the submarines, but they seem to go deeper before they "die" and counted as sunk. When you leave the immediate area, they "de-spawn" and no longer exist... Technically, a submarine should sink most of the time with one torpedo, but when we tested some changes previously, you could then sink them with a couple of shots of a 20mm, which isn't correct either...

By the same token, I'll do some testing on the Type 1 tomorrow, and see what happens.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote