Old 02-24-22, 03:43 PM   #4414
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woland595 View Post
Hi everyone,

i have a question about sinking mechanic in this great mod.

So, consider that i hit a ship with two torpedoes, it stopped and is rolling to starboard. how can i know, that ship is going to sink somewhen. or if there are no sinking dynamic (in, say, 30 mins), i should hit it more?

thanks in advance.
As they say: "Ya never know"... - but seriously, you just don't know sometimes. We activated the red flare that some ships (roughly half) will shoot up when in trouble, but those will shoot sometimes when the ship really isn't quite in trouble yet, just a holed hull... Most of the ships in the mod do have at least a modicum of a sinking effect, especially the older ones, and probably half of the newer ones, but it does depend upon the ship's author and to how they built their ship as to whether the sinking mechanics have been tweaked. Most of the ships you encounter though do have a semblence of "damage control", where you will see a damaged ship maybe pause for a while, while "repairs" are made, and then they'll take off again, and sometimes, the bow of the ship will be below the waves when they do, and that does happen a pinch unrealistically (game mechanics)... so it varies. Other times, a ship takes a hit, and an hour later it sinks from the flooding and fire damage. Other times, a ship might take 8 or more torpedoes to sink it, such as the bigger ocean liners, or the Yamato, which might take 12 torpedoes to sink, then the next time you encounter those same classes, it only take 4 and nine torps to sink them. Or, it might be one torpedo and the ship is gone in 60 seconds, and you'll get a "She's taking on water and going down, sir!" message right away...So it depends upon what ship it is, where you hit it, how much damage your torpedo inflicted (that "effect" can vary also with each "hit"). The crew rating of the ship also come into play, as to how well they cope with the damage inflicted... When in doubt, give 'em another fish, or if you have the time and inclination to hang around, try to wait them out. One thing to remember though, if they got a message off, and you are within range of any "help" for them, you might see a plane or two, or even a DD response, so be careful of your choice... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote