Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post
DL'd and installed. Few questions:

Began a "New Construction BALAO" campaign. Had me going all the way to Convoy College from Mare Island. Told myself, "ah what the heck, probably going to do sea trials there" but was given the standard destroy enemy shipping orders when I reached the area. Is this normal or did I screw something up?

As for the different optional and add-on mods:
1) For the Radio Messages one, do we activate the entire "Radio Messages TMO Update 2.0" file folder in JSGME, or place the individual folders within "Radio Messages TMO Update 2.0" in JSGME and activate them from there (i.e. activate SubPacMessages by itself)?

2) There's a "Practice DC" mod in "02_Optional Mods" and "Practice Depth Charges for NewCon" in "03_Required AddOns". Both sound similar. Activate one or both? If both, what order?
On # 1...

That, is dependent, on where you are following a career in being based from.

Asiatic, career... from the start of the war, bases ar Manila... then the fall back to Surabaya then to Freemantle/Perth... after that stage... the chain gets kinda fuzzy for Me...

For that career path, the Asiatic messages pack would be the one to go with there.

As for rolling out of Brisbane or doing an S class career... would look to using the Brisbane messages pack.

For a standard, straight up PH career... would NOT use any of the message packs, unless you do a transfer to say... Asiatic fleet or Brisbane... & then, would add in the appropro message pack, accordingly... I do believe.

As for doing a SubRon 50 career... at the start, of using that message pack tagged accordingly... til the end/demise of that squad's run... which... was only an 8 months stint... from Oct. of '42, to.... mhhmmmm... June, of '43...

After that, accordingly to which transfer you go with... be it, to the Asiatic fleet or the Brisbane command, would depend on what messages pack you'd add in, at the appropriate time (&... whilst in base, I might add... to avoid any mod swap out issues... as well. ) at that stage... I believe...

Think I have all that rightly... I welcome confirm or refute from others... on this...

As for point 2... not a clue, so will abstain from reply on that score...

M. M.