View Single Post
Old 07-24-22, 09:29 AM   #4928
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Trying to make some adjustments to player crew sensors...the hydrophones are a little too powerful in detecting contacts esp on surface, they detect contacts before visual, which was rare since hydrophones were basically useless on surface unless stopped. Plus its annoying when tracking target and sound keeps cutting in while youre busting a long at 20 kts during end around at long range.

Looking in the USSubParts.sim

Difficult to tell which is the hydrophones...point them out please?

Same with the Deck watch, Attack, and Observation periscope sensors...trying to make it where if I can see it, my crew can. I adjusted this in TMO as well but problem is how things are labeled in files...they don't tell you what they are exactly...I dont see how to match them. Lost my "cheat sheet" I once had with all the sensors, those linked to etc.

Also which files do US player subs use, those in USSubparts or the subsensors in the main Library file or both?

Looking for the

Numbers in the .sim file for deck watch, attack periscope, observation periscope (radar periscope if neeed?) and player sub hydrophones ?
US boats/crew use both the Sensors_sub_US.sim and Sensors.cfg.
the sim may also use AI_Visual_Sensors.dat and sensorvisualsub.sim but i have not test-varied these files.

as far as which set of parameters match the various sensors (visual v radar v hydrophone), you need to walk through the SensorData entries and discover which are which (visual v radar v hydrophone).

i've tested some value-changes and they seem to work.
you are correct in your observation that extending the capability of any sensor means that you will receive interrupts each time a sensor detects the enemy. and yes, it can be a real PITA when you are trying to either flank or close an enemy.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote