View Single Post
Old 05-27-14, 06:27 AM   #590
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

While watching stoianm's tutorials on intercepting a convoy, I noticed that in his game BdU reports the exact course and speed of a convoy. When playing with TWoS, I only get the exact speed, but not the course (only approximations such as NW, N, etc.). Without getting into the problem of realism, is it possible to tweak the game so that it reports the exact course of the convoy? I tried doing it in TDW's options file viewer under the Radio tab, but nothing was changed.

If this cannot be changed, or if you think that it shouldn't be changed due to issues of realism, how do you plot out the course of the convoy? Just by drawing a line that imitates that tiny little line extending from the square by which the convoy is represented on the map? I find that this often leads to inaccuracies, naturally.

Also, when using the mod I noticed that clicking on a reported convoy on the map does not cause the game to show the details of that convoy at the top of the map. Can this be reverted back to the old system? I understand that you can simply go into the captain's log and look for that information, but it gets a bit tedious searching for everything in the rather clunky scrolling window of the log.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote