View Single Post
Old 03-16-23, 02:03 PM   #402
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

cool Necro of the year! A little 'wooden' inspiration!

David crosby wrote this and many songs aboard his Yacht, Mayan, which he owned and refurbi$hed since 1969 until 2015...46 years!; twice sailing the Transpac to Hawaii and back; Caribbean and S.F.Bay/California waters for decades. In this month's Latitude sailing mag I subscribe to: https://issuu.com/latitude38/docs/l380323 An no-nonsense world class sailor It helps to be a rockstar to keep up Honduran mahodany hull$!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Crosby
I still take every opportunity to take» Mayan «out with my wife Jen and our son Django. But frankly, I can't afford to maintain the boat anymore given the mortgage payments and other expenses.

MAYAN HAS BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR A FEW YEARS, BUT MY WIFE WOULD BREAK MY HANDS IF I REALLY SOLD IT.
Look, I got about ten years left at best. I have hepatitis C, diabetes and heart disease. I'm coping with them. I go to the gym three times a week, I feel strong, and I can still give my listeners pleasure.

MY DREAM? ANOTHER TOUR WITH CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG. AFTER THAT, I'LL BE FINE. I'LL BE ABLE TO DO YACHTING. I'LL LIVE. I'LL BE HAPPY.
Epilogue: In 2014, David Crossby sold Mayan schooner to a Santa Cruz Bo Frolick businessman for $750,000. The sale was preceded by six months of negotiations. The new owner of Mayan shares the rock star's passion for this boat. He started a blog on the Internet where he talks about how Mayan's upgrade is going. As Frolick assures, Crossby is always a welcome guest aboard Mayan. The musician has owned a schooner for 45 years.
Sadly, David 'crossed the bar": to the eternal Lee Shore

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote