View Single Post
Old 01-07-22, 01:32 AM   #11
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Oops; instead of 2 in 1 I meant the All in One desktops.
It depends on what they bundle into the box.

Again, start with the monitor. Is it what you need vs what you'd want?
You'll be staring at the monitor whenever the system is on, so think this through. There are all sorts of combo deals out there, just realize that if you go the desktop route you can always upgrade your pieces later on. If they gave you a crappy keyboard or mouse, just buy some better stuff to replace them.

Next, find a CPU that clocks somewhere between 3.5 to 4.5 GHz. Your CPU is the core to playing smooth games.

One thing I skipped over, your OS. If you can swing it ( there isn't a huge difference in price) go with a 64 bit OS (usually Win10) instead of a 32 bit OS.
If you play memory intensive games (flight sims) you'll appreciate that extra breathing room.

All-in-ones used to have issues with pre-loaded bloatware. All sorts of crap you didn't want. Either get ready to spend a night deleting all the hoo-hah or keep looking. On my "budget/school" PC, it didn't have any bloatware installed. I guess the reason was that if it was bought for a work environment, either you or the IT guy would be loading software, anyway. Or it was for school/college which required their own special programs.

Anyway, check prices and availability. At the end of the day, you'll be one who has to live with what you bought.

One last thing to not worry about, your hard drive and/or SSD. Hard drives are cheap, super cheap now-a-days. A 1 TB (Terabyte) hard drive will set you back to the tune of..........30 dollars!

Do you need a terabyte of storage? Who knows, who cares, its dirt cheap.

Last edited by ET2SN; 01-07-22 at 01:55 AM.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote