View Single Post
Old 01-05-22, 11:37 PM   #3
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi i live in uk i bought a gaming rig last year i didnt get it from PC World or a off the shelf prebuilt system because it may have a adiquate GPU (good enough for now)but the upgrade options are limited.
With out going overboard mother board as only two dim slots for ram and it as 2 x 4gig memory dims also the PSU 450/500 watts so your upgrade options are limited yes you can buy two new 8gig dims but if you wanted 4x8 gig dims later on you would need a new mother board with 4 dim slots.
Your pc case has to have good airflow you dont want to cook your brand new components.

Also the case may have only 2 spare expansion slots for your new gpu so later on down the road 2/4 years from now and you want to upgrade your Gpu to a 3 slot one you then have to get a new case and you will need a new PSU to power your new GPU.
Buying the parts that you want in your new rig and a good case with lots of room for upgrades thats going to run tripple A rated games so its as future proof as your buget will allow if you can aford $750 then i would stretch it to $1000-$1250 you will get more bang for your buck and build it your self then its a labour of love if you can.
With new cpu's and gpu's coming out in 2022 there be a lot of last years kit being sold off you could pick up some nice bargains as the shops like best buy have a sale to clear space for all the new kit coming.
Now is the time to do the spade work decide our budget pick your components then watch reviews of them on youtube to seperate the wheat from the chaff so to speak so then you know your getting the best bang for your $ buck John.

I have never built a pc and i was scared of trying what if i mess it up so i went to a small local computer shop in Sildon five miles up the road and i picked the parts and they built it for me i wanted a nvidia 3080 but they were hard to get hold of then they shop phoned me and said he can get hold of a Radion Tiachi 6800 thats retails at £1150 with 16 gig ram me

my rig cost me £1600 with £400 trade in on my old i7 2nd gen rig

my Gaming Pc spec

Ryzen 3800x
Steel lelgend B450 M/B
ADATA XPG RAM 4X 8GIG

M2 SAT 1TB
CORSAIR 1TB HD
ANTEC 240 MM WATER COOLER

ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Taichi X 16GB OC GPU
XPG Battle cruiser case.
3 fans at the front 2 fans in the roof
1 fan at the rear
3 fans on GPU
you can see the 1"gap behind the glass panel and the triangle cut outs on the case frame that all help the airflow keeping everything nice and cool even under load.

Laptop Lenovo I5 Jarods tech review new 2022 Laptops on the horizon so once again they'll be bagains out there.

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-11-22 at 06:46 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote