View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 08:50 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Got the device this morning, and connected it. First impression: outstanding.

Hardware: the design is compact, the frame more robust than quite some others. Its higher than the Canon iP5200, but smaller in width and depth.

The ink system I already love. Very clverly designed and integrated, the flasks with the ink are key-coded at the top, you cannot fill them by mistake into the wrong tank. Very well thought-out. There are valves integrated, so when you turn them upside down and onto the tank's inlet, they do not drip ink.

Installation under Windows took some time, but was a breeze. Just folowing the steps on the printed instruction sheet. The display is a bit small, but the instructions it gives to lead you through the processes of setting the printer head up, are precise and right to the mark: excellent.

Scanning and printing quality is again very good.

I love it so far, if it stay slike this, I'll be a happy owner. Everything msakes a very well-thought out impression in design and detail. Should have made the switch earlier. My third Epson printer in my life, the other two also were very well for their times, compact and easy to use.

Printing costs: dont make me laugh. You dont beat this thing in this regard - bet...!?

P.S. Five ink flasks were included: 2x black, 1x red, blue, yellow. One black is a backup already. Black holds 127ml, the colours 70ml each . One set of four can be had for 25 Euros. Compare that with cartridges! Advertising says with one tank load you get 14000 pages black/white, and 5000 pages colour. Only laser printers work more economic, I assume. Or do they not?