Old 10-07-20, 08:20 AM   #13
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
[...]
My first Computer was a Mac. When I bought it back in 1993 it was a much better deal than the 468DX2 with monochrome display I was offered: Better graphics, more CPU-power and the operating system was a dream compared to Windows95.
My first computer was a 386 with DR-DOS, though i had used an IBM mainframe and a Vax cluster before, at work. I had to do a bit with the CP/M system which came out 1974 but .. at least it was platform-independent, and the first real PC OS.

DR-DOS was a tad better than the MS one, also DR soon had GEM, the Graphics environment manager. Assisted by GemDraw, GemWrite, GemPaint, GemGraph and all that stuff that others then stole. It really did not have to hide from Apple at the time.
Then there was OS/2. Then Linux. Then Steve Jobs used Linux to set up his own proprietary OS from a free basis. Some say he stole it.

I never used Win95. Wait i used it to play RedBaron, but even this was much better on an OS/2 machine with 32 mb Ram.
Then Atari, and all that.
Quote:
[...] 25 years later I'm a IT professional. I spend my working days sorting out windows bugs, working with databases and administering windows and linux based servers. And believe me: When I get home and I turn on my Hackintosh it's like I return to the Garden of Eden.
Privately I agree, but what about games and sims?
Have you ever worked in a Macintosh network environment under production conditions or in a university? Better refrain.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote