View Single Post
Old 05-10-20, 10:22 PM   #20
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
But I do want at least an i7 variant, that much I'm sure.
Can I ask why?

M$ has already announced the minimum specs for the new M$FS (aka: flight sim) and its an i5 CPU.
That's for M$FS, which probably won't be ready for this year. Which will tax a lot more hardware than the CPU. Which will require a very broad and very fast internet connection. Which I'm really not interested in.

Traditionally, new M$ flight sims are designed for hardware and clock speeds that don't exist yet. Still, they're saying an i5 can run it.

If you're planning to do some multi-tasking (while you're gaming) I can see the i7. For a pure gaming system, its still over kill.

That brings up one last point to ponder.

Let's suppose that AMD and Intel get into a serious price war and suddenly the price of hardware (all hardware) drops though the floor. Everything gets cheap, would it be a good idea to "yolo" your new hardware and go for broke?

Remember, more power requires more power. And, someone will have to pay for that extra power when the utility bill shows up.

That was what broke the small bitcoin "farmers". They were paying more for electricity than the machines were earning.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote