View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 10:08 AM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
None that I've heard of, a piece of advice if you didn't already know this, Amd cpu's and Intel cpu's are not interchangeable, so you can't put an Intel cpu onto that motherboard.

A good rig, but how are you going to watch your DVD pron without a DVD player, and one last thing, I hope you're going to put a good monitor on that thing.
Great help, thanks! I kinda assumed they motherboard and cpus were not interchangle, thanks for reminding me.

I think my skittishness with AMD came from 20 years ago, I recall buying a 2nd PC for gaming in another room, and there were issues with installing Microsoft programs, or a game or something. It's been a long time but my recollection was AMD was not the fail safe standard I was used to with Intel. I may be persuaded to test that theory, did you see the mass of 5 star reviews for the CPU on amazon? Impressive!

The rig I sketched out, it used the exact same cpu as the one in the amazon page? It was so easier back when a cpu didn't have so many name variations!

DVD player? What year is this, do they still exist??

Good monitor? Why? explain!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote