aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
............ Other option for SH.
=============
I have come across another option regarding Silent Hunter 1.
Hopefully it will work.

When my old Windows XP computer died, a few years ago, I had, at that time, installed a lot of Dos and Windows games on the hard drive.
A friend of mine was able to save the hard drive and hook it up to my Windows 7 computer.
Now I have access to all the games and programs I had installed on it.

In my search, I found that I had installed Silent Hunter Commander Edition, along with other Dos/Window games, like Great Naval Battles North Atlantic 1939 -1943, and Wolfpack, etc.

With the the full install of Silent Hunter on my old hard drive, what steps would I need to do to get it running through DosBox???
This is GREAT. I have saved my old HD's too.

You have administrator privileges, right? In Windows can you get to your C:\ drive?

Make a folder on your C:\ drive called C:\GAMES or C:\SUBGAMES - whatever. It won't conflict with the Windows \games folder so don't worry about that.

Access your old Hard drive and drag the SHCE SILENT folder over to your new \GAMES folder. I hope it is a Full install, that's important.

All you need to do is drag the BUD movies over from the CD if they are not on your install, modify the *.ini files, and configure DOSBox.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 07-25-15 at 11:08 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote