Old 05-31-15, 08:17 PM   #33
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Default pressing F5 makes SHCE CTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Johnson View Post
So after installing PA and getting it to run correctly, I find that in SH1 when I try to activate the Charts by either pressing F5 or clicking on Charts I get a CTD. Anyone else ever come across this??
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Johnson View Post
Questions are good!! It's better than no response at all!!

DOS Box: Yes

Operating System: Win7 Pro
Graphics card is listed in my sig.

I wouldn't say I'm a computer guru, but I have built my own pcs since my first compaq with Win95. Building your own is cheaper and you know what you got. I've never had a problem with Nvidia cards.

I'm sure my problem is something stupid.
You're not running both SHCE & PA at the same time and Alt Tabbing between them, ------ "no"....

Were there re-boots between installing the two (3) games (SHCE, SH II & PA) and after installing the SH II & PA patches, to clear the computer?

I can't figure out why pressing F5 makes SHCE CTD...

A friend has seen everything SHCE, I'm going to ask him if he has ever heard of this.

Edit -
We both are thinking that as long as we have played SHCE, neither of us can remember it crashing on any operating system from DOS 3.11 through the Windows versions, to today.

So, it seems there is probably a corrupt install & configuration of each. Recommend uninstalling SHCE & DOSBox, then a fresh install of DOSBox and then reinstall SHCE doing a FULL install.

Last edited by aanker; 06-02-15 at 10:44 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote