View Single Post
Old 08-21-10, 01:37 PM   #12
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

HDMI should work, but can't tell you anything about it from first hand; I still use an old clunker with a VGA plug.

Thing is, the cable is attached to it and like I mentioned all my cards came with DVI-VGA adapters. My worry is about finding a cable with a VGA connector on both ends, but I'm sure you can still track those down... at least, I would think so. Or just get a VGA-DVI cable, think those are around as well.

It's much the same for HDMI; either get a cable with DVI connector on one end and a DHMI connector on the other, or use a standard HDMI cable and a HDMI-DVI adapter at the videocard.

HDMI might give sligthly better picture. Bet the cable is more expensive though.

I don't want to push it, but: think about that resolution though; those TVs look fine with TV signal, but when you display computer graphics on them they quickly show the "big screen, low res" problem... try making a screenshot of a game at something like 1024x768 without any anti-aliasing enabled, and then zoom in to 200%. (assuming a 16" monitor, that gives a reasonable comparison, say 150% zoom for 20")

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote