View Single Post
Old 10-21-20, 04:01 AM   #2034
Rinaldi
Watch

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The radar station is not like the sonar station, is not like the watch crew. You can "see" the blips on your radar screen. Your radar screen is "to scale". You can also "see" the contacts on the NavMap. The loss of a vocal prompt can be brought about in several ways.

First pertains to how "busy" a given scene is. If there is a lot going on, radar reports seem to be below other reports. Also, as with sonar, if something is within visual range, you'll NOT see the radar report on the NavMap. Also, the "beam" on the FotRSU radar is smaller, such that if you are in mildly rough seas, your radar beam may well go over the top of a surface ship, and / or below an air threat, and you will "miss" a contact, as in real life.
Thanks for the response. This was on a single contact. Let me rephrase: the contacts will not appear on Navmap even when they appear on radar screen after the player goes onto the station manually.

None of the other factors in this instance was at play. Again, all FYI as this is relatively easy to avoid and fix in game and caused me no issues. I did the Radar manually when I realized what was happening, sunk 'er, saved, reloaded, and went on with my game.

Needless to say, by the way, I love this mod. You guys have made a game that's over a decade old (!) fresh and exciting again. I don't think I could go back TMO or RFB: I get depth charged routinely, aircraft still occasionally catch me off guard even with SD, surface attacks are never not exhilarating, etc. The list goes on. Hats off to the team.
Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote